Interesting ? MV Thistlegorm.

Kangaroo

They are Ford WOT3 trucks.

My Son dived that ship with an RAF exped and I have seen lots of video and stills. There is much recorded on various sites about its content, most of which is wrong. The trucks are WOT 3 with an odd WOT1 thrown in. A Crossley Q is repeatedly labeled a Matador and an RAF aerodrome trailer mounted Land Mark Beacon is recorded as the chassis and body of a RR armoured car !! .lots of RAF kit whick also includes trolley accs. lots of motorbikes , railway stuff , hundreds of pairs of welly boots ; the list is endless

TED

My Son dived that ship with an RAF exped and I have seen lots of video and stills. There is much recorded on various sites about its content, most of which is wrong. The trucks are WOT 3 with an odd WOT1 thrown in. A Crossley Q is repeatedly labeled a Matador and an RAF aerodrome trailer mounted Land Mark Beacon is recorded as the chassis and body of a RR armoured car !! .lots of RAF kit whick also includes trolley accs. lots of motorbikes , railway stuff , hundreds of pairs of welly boots ; the list is endless

TED

I don’t know what it is about wellington boots and wartime wrecks but I have come across thousands of them in the holds of many I have visited over the years. The American wrecks tend to have boots and galoshes galore. Amazingly the wellingtons and galoshes are usually found in the wrecks of the Med, Pacific,Far East or any tropical waters.

P.S… I no longer SCUBA dive due to the onset of O.F.S (Old Fart Syndrome).

After the british experience with thousands suffering from trench foot in the first world war its not surprising that they did not want a repeat, particularly in the monsoons of the far east. Hence the preoccupation with wellington boots.